Are you ready to start questing in your ESO journey? When you find a NPC with a Gold or Cyan symbol above their name, talk to them as they may have some quests that you can do.
The chat window is located at the bottom left hand corner of your screen. To type a message, press the enter key to toggle the chat window, type in your message and press enter again. For more chat options please see the picture below as well as the legend for it.
1. Minimize Chat Window - Hides your chat windows
2. Lock Chat Window - Disables auto-scrolling for your chat window.
3. Clear Chat History - Clears your chat history on your screen.
4. Select Chat Tab - Dropdown window that lets you choose who will see your messages.
5. Common Chat - Only players in your general area will see your messages
6. Party Chat - Only players in your party will see your messages. To type to your party you can also put !! in front of your message. [!!Hello Party]
7. Whisper - Send a message to a specific player. You would have to type their name after the / and then your message. [/NameOfPlayer Hello]
8. Alliance - Chat with members of your alliance. To type to your alliance you can also put !~ in front of your message. [!~Hello Alliance]
9. Clan - Chat with members of your clan. To type to your clan you can also put !@ in front of your message. [!@Hello Clan]
10. World - Send a message to everyone in the server. You can also put a $ in front of your message. [$Hello World] (Requires Angelic bells)
11. Choose a smiley to put in your chat messages.
In ESO you cannot PvP (Player vs Player) until you reach level 45. You can take part in arranged duels by challenging other players but you cannot get PK'ed (Killed by another player)
Once you hit level 45, you can actively fight against other players if you wish. Once you reach level 45, if you do not want to get attacked by other players you can join a PVE realm.
For more information on the PK System, check out the wiki page here
Creating a Clan
Now that you are leveling up and enjoying the game, it's time to join a Clan. Clans are a group of players who want to enjoy ESO by playing together to either tackle challenging monsters or just to chat on a normal basis. There is no level requirement to form or join a Clan. Each clan has their own methods of recruitment. Joining a clan will also give you access to new skills to help you in your journey. There can be a maximum of 15 players in one clan.
How to join a guild:
1. Look for a prospective clan to join either in game or through the clan recruitment section of the forums.
2. Receive an invitation from a Clan Leader and accept it.
How to create a clan:
1. To create a new clan you must not be in a clan. Go talk to the NPC "Partnership Director" located in Pokari at the [455,474,241] coordinates. Choose "Form Clan" and type in your clan name that you wish to use. Creating a clan requires 5 gold.
Once you are part of a clan, your clan can be a part of something bigger! Clans can choose to join an alliance. Alliances are a collection of clans teamed together. The biggest challenges in Ether Saga will require alliances to work together to tackle. Alliances can also be upgraded so they can invite more clans.
How to join an alliance
Be a part of a Clan that is with an alliance.
Only the Clan leader can choose to join an alliance.
How to create an alliance
You must be a Clan leader and your clan must not be part of an alliance.
You must be level 35 or higher
Talk to the Partnership Director and choose "Form Alliance" Creating an alliance requires 30 gold.
Only the Clan leader can choose to join an alliance.
How to upgrade your alliance
Each member of the alliance can acquire Alliance Quests from the Partnership Director (447, 473) in Pokari. Alliance members gain Contribution from each Alliance Quest completion, which raises the Alliance's Development level.
Accessing your Friendslist
Press F to access the Friend List, and click Add. Input a player's name to send the invitation. If the player accepts your invitation, the player's name will be added to your Common group. You can right-click on a friend name, and select Delete to delete that friend.
The Common group is a default group. You can add new groups by right-clicking on the blank in the Friend Menu and selecting Add Group. Input a name for this group and press Enter to confirm. You can add at most 10 friend groups. You can right-click on a friend's name and select Move to to move it to another group. Friends will be displayed in different colors on your map. You can right-click on a Group to define the on-map color of the friends in that group.
Send Message: Double-click on a friend's name in your friend list to pull up the chat window and send a message. When you receive messages from other players, the chat window icon flashes, allowing you to press Ctrl + Alt + Z to quickly access the chat window. You can also send message by pressing Enter with the Ctrl key held.
Auto-reply: Right-click into the text-entry field in the Friend Menu, and select Auto-reply to compose an away message that will be automatically sent to other players.
Invite to Party: Right-click on a friend in Friend Menu and select Invite to Party to send an invitation.
The Blacklist function can mask all messages and interactive operations from players on this list. You can add a player to your Blacklist by selecting their name and choosing To Blacklist. You can also click To Blacklist, and input the player's name in the dialogue box that appears. To delete a player from the Blacklist, select the player's name, then click on the Del button. You can have up to 50 players on your Blacklist.
Both characters that wish to get married must be over level 30. The two characters should form a party and acquire the marriage quest from the Eldest Matchmaker in Pokari City. The couple will be married after finishing the special quest. To finish the marriage quest, the Marriage Packs are required. The packs can be purchased in the Heaven Repository.
Status Notice: You will be notified when your spouse signs into/out of the game. Embrace: Animation "Embrace" will be available.
Bond of Love: A Lover's Memento will allow you to teleport to your spouse instantly.